THE ART OF
ALIGNMENT & ASSISTSMASTERCLASS
WITH SANDEEP VIRDI
Sunday 5th of July 2020 | 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Investment $50 Members | $55 Non-members
$50 EARLY BIRD UNTIL MAY 31ST
Limited spaces so bookings are essential.
Alignment in the yoga practice is an important part of shaping our body into the asana. The asana is the sanskrit word meaning seat. Alignment helps us to understand and sit in the seat of the asana, diving deep into understanding how we inhibit our patterns and so assists can assist.
This 3 hour masterclass is aimed at continuing education, body awareness, alignment for students who would like to improve their own asana yoga practice and for teachers wanting to gain more knowledge and feel more comfortable giving assists through alignment of poses. We will focus on some core dynamic asana poses, working with props, assists and how to get the best experience
when working with aged, injured, tight, flexible and tired bodies; covering practical, theory, question / answers.
In this masterclass, students will gain knowledge in:
- How the subtle body energy helps us to go deeper into asana - Power of the touch, where, how, and strength
- Intention behind the touch
- Knowing how to listen to the other persons body
- Understand the fundamentals of our skeleton structure
- Explore the general rules around alignment
- Dive deep into our practice with a few key alignment queues